Every item you donate to the ReStore helps provide funds that go toward GDM Habitat's mission to build homes, communities, and hope. We sell these items to the public at discounted prices. When you donate to the ReStores, you're helping fund Habitat’s mission to build safe, affordable homes in Greater Des Moines.
All donated goods are tax-deductible and can be dropped off at either of our locations.
We're always looking for donations of these items in good condition.
Appliances, Building Materials, Cabinets, Doors and Windows, Flooring, Lighting, Hardware, Plumbing, Tools
All donations must be accepted by an associate during our normal business hours. Dropping off materials outside of store hours is considered DUMPING, and is subject to a fine.
For more ways to donate to Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity, please click here.
- Working appliances
- Tubs and showers
- Windows (new or aluminum/vinyl clad)
- Paint/stain (full containers)
- Sinks and faucets
- Lumber and trim (min. 6' long)
- Plumbing supplies
- Light fixtures
- PVC (min. 6' long)
- Ceiling fans
- Drywall and plywood
- Cabinet hardware
- Electrical hardware
- Conduit (min. 6' long)
- Nails, screws, and bolts
- Anything broken, stained or non-working
- Commercial or fire-rated items
- Fluorescent light fixtures, bulbs, or ballasts
- Glass or unframed mirrors
- Housewares or toys
- Clothing, linen, or curtains
- Mattresses and box springs
- Exercise equipment
- Propane tanks or batteries
- Chemicals or hazardous items